For the mole sauce (1/4 kilo)
- ¼ of Chile ancho
- ½ kilo of animal crackers (the one your gramma gave you)
- 1 kilo of bananas
- 2 small red Mexican tomatillos
- The Chile is fried
- The banana is fried
- The cookies are fried (all in the same pot and with the same oil, this is important because the crackers absorb the oil)
- Fry the tomato, ¼ onion and garlic clove
- Soak everything with enough water to cover the ingredients
- Mix and mash the ingredients, then blend it with the same water
- Once they are blended, add a little bit of vegetable oil (canola, avocado, or whatever you chose to use for the rest of things) so it doesn’t stick to the pot and add a bit of salt and sugar to taste.
This recipe is perfect for those with intolerance to chocolate and who want a good Mexican mole on a budget. It can be served on tostadas or enchiladas (enmoladas). I choose tostadas.
For the garnish:
Sauteed agave honey infused white onions mixed with full circle organic hot peppers blend.
- ¼ Pickled onion
- ½ Spoon Agave honey
- 1 Dash Full circle hot pepper blend
For the protein
Extra firm tofu spiced with curry powder, ground black pepper and fried in avocado oil and Himalayan salt to taste.
- Extra Firm Tofu of your choice
- Avocado oil
- Himalayan salt
- Curry Powder
- Ground Black Pepper